20 January 2008

Mourn Only That You Will Not See Andy Again in this Life

Andy Palacio had such a brilliant and soaring 2007 that few would have expected such a drastic change in 2008, with his departure from our little scene. Many people, let alone his close family and friends, will be heartbroken by his departure. It is in moments like these that I remember the wise words of the late Carib Queen, Justa Werges, when she said, with a smile and light in her eyes as if seeing far into the distance: "My people live in a green valley and they have prepared a home for me with them. When I leave this earth I will be surrounded by the beautiful faces of my people and I will live with them forever in that valley". Andy Palacio has gone on to join his loved ones, his ancestors, all those he knew that have passed on, and his music in that other place is now more wonderful than ever. Sad are those who are left behind to wait for the day when they too can sing with Andy.

So say it loud and let it ring
We are all a part of everything
The future, present and the past
Fly on proud bird
You're free at last.

(Charlie Daniels)

Good men must die, but death can not kill their names.
(Proverbs)

No comments: